- Transit police have assaulted transit riders, and they admit to tasering people for not paying their fares.
- Transit police harass First Nations people and people of colour.
- Transit police target fare checks against people who look poor.
- Transit police have called Immigration on people they think are undocumented migrants. Because of this, many undocumented people will not ride transit because they are afraid of being deported.
- Transit police admit that fare enforcement is their first priority, before the safety and well-being of transit riders.
- Transit police issue $173 fines to people who can’t afford the transit fare.
- Undercover transit police fine people who give their used tickets away to people who can’t afford the fare
The transit system belongs to all of us!
In 2006, TransLink spent $16.6 million to hire 84 transit police with full…
View original post 465 more words