Hello Friends and Comrades,
1) Here is the political prisoner birthday poster for July. As always, please post this poster publicly and/or use it to start a card writing night of your own.
2) Worth checking out is the latest installment of the Crimethinc. Ex-Worker’s Collective’s bimonthly podcast, they discuss the current US prison system and its roots in the state itself, before turning their attention to movements for the abolition and/or destruction of prisons. Their special guests include a comrade from supermax lock up and Midwest Pages to Prisoners Zine Distro.
3) Two campaigns against medical neglect of political prisoners have just made significant progress. Oso Blanco and Tom Manning have both reported recent concessions in their struggles to get needed medical attention. But don’t forget about these other crucial ongoing campaigns against medical neglect of political prisoners:
4) July 6 is a Day of Solidarity with Russell Maroon Shoatz. Political Prisoner Russell Maroon Shoatz has spent over thirty years in solitary confinement as a result of his history of resistance to white supremacy and mass incarceration. The Pennsylvania Department of Corrections has told Maroon supporters repeatedly that they transferred him to SCI Mahonoy for the purpose of releasing him into general population and that it will take up to 90 days.
If his captors keep their word, won by the pressure of his family and his allies like you, he will soon be released from solitary and July 6th will be a great victory celebration.
If his captors break their word and continue to keep our movement elder in solitary confinement and sensory deprivation, your July 6th gathering will be an opportunity for everyone to write hundreds of letters of protest to flood Secretary Wetzel’s office. More info here.
5) Lastly, here is a link to the latest Political Prisoner/Prisoner Of War every-other week update by the NYC-Anarchist Black Cross. There are lots of good updates on many political prisoners.
Until Every Cage Is Empty,